Main Navigation

You are here:

Requesting an Autopsy

Anyone can write to the coroner asking for an autopsy to be performed.

If the coroner refuses, you can apply to the Supreme Court for an order that an autopsy must be performed.

You must make your application to the Supreme Court within 48 hours of receiving the coroner's letter of refusal.

You may wish to seek legal advice before applying to the Supreme Court.